What are the top credit cards in India?
Determining the right credit card company can be difficult since most of the banks provide several credit cards with varied benefits and features. Certain credit cards are exclusively designed for shopping and come with an admirable rewards program. Some cards will have travel privileges and are perfect for frequent travelers. If you are one among them, you can make a credit card payment instantly and get a travel package or flight tickets. If you are buying a credit card for the first time, it will be hard to select the right credit card due to a plethora of options. To help you in the selection process, we have shared top credit card companies in India that are recommended for you.
|Top credit cards||Best suited for||Annual fee|
|SBI Card Elite||Movies and travel||INR 4,999|
|Citi Premiermiles Credit Card||Air miles||INR 3,000|
|Yes First Card||Premium lifestyle||Nil|
|Simply CLICK SBI Card||Online shopping||INR 499|
|Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Card||Shopping||Nil|
|HDFC Regalia Card||Dining and travel||INR 2500|
|Standard Chartered Credit Card||Cashback and shopping||INR 750|
|HSBC Credit Card||Shopping||Nil|
|IndianOil Citibank Credit Card||Fuel||INR 1000|
|American Express Credit Card||Rewards||INR 1000|
Features of IndianOil Citi Credit Card and HSBC credit card
If you are worried about the increasing fuel expenses and thinking about how to save money, you need to consider getting this card. It is one of the top credit cards as it will come with numerous benefits.
Yearly fee: INR 1000 and GST
Minimum income needed: INR 25,000 per month
Renewal fee: INR 1000 and GST (it will be waived if you are spending INR 30,000 or more)
Features of the card
- The user can obtain free fuel of about 71 liters every year. It can be obtained as turbo points and fuel surcharge waiver.
- Whenever you spend INR 150 at any Indian retail outlet in any part of the country, you will get 4 Turbo Points.
- In the same way, whenever you spend INR 150 for purchasing supermarkets or groceries you will get 2 Turbo points. For other spending, you will get 1 Turbo Point.
- The Turbo Points you have accumulated would never expire.
- You can also get a 15% discount when you spend at restaurants that are CitiBank partners.
- For any kind of help, you can get in touch with the CitiBank customer care.
HSBC credit card:
Are you a person who loves shopping? Well, HSBC has launched a card exclusively for shopping fanatics. You can make a purchase and do credit card payments. The card provides several discounts, benefits, and cashback options to the users. It is one of the popular cards as it provides cashback for all purchases.
Minimum income needed: INR 4,00,000 per year
Renewal fee: INR 750 and GST (it will be waived if you are spending INR 1,00,000 in the earlier year)
Joining fee: NIL
Features of the card
- Zero joining fee
- Cashback of about 1% for other spends
- 2 airport meal packages worth INR 400 each, Swiggy voucher of INR 250 or 2 international or domestic airport lounge access as welcome benefits
- 1.5% cashback for online shopping except for wallet transactions
- Cash advance, global card access, emergency card replacement, zero lost card liability, etc.
- Pantry offers from MakeMyTrip, Amazon Pantry, Big Basket, etc.
- About 15% discount while dining at HSBC partner restaurants
How to select the best credit card?
There are chances for you to get confused seeing the features. Well, before getting a credit card, you have to consider these tips to get the right one.
Determine the purpose of obtaining a card:
Before getting a credit card, think of the reason for getting a card. In most cases, people get credit cards for three reasons like to enjoy offers in various spending categories, to obtain a maximum credit limit when making bigger purchases, and to develop credit from scratch. It is best to select the one that caters to your requirement.
Know the eligibility:
After finding the reason, you have to know your credit card profile. Evaluate and choose the cards that are right for you. For instance, you will be looking for a card that provides travel benefits. But it may have certain income eligibility. It is necessary to apply for a card that has high chances of approval.
Shortlist credit cards:
It is best to shortlist cards according to your eligibility. You can narrow the search and thus select the right one. You have to ask certain questions to yourself such as whether it suits your requirements or whether you can afford the annual charges.
Select the valuable one:
After shortlisting the cards, select the card with the highest overall value. Ask yourself whether it will be useful for the next five years. Check whether it comes with upgrade options.
Know More About : Things You Should Keep In Mind While Using Credit Cards